Breaking: PSN’s Highest Trophy Level Reached at Level 100

20. January, 2013 PS3, PSN 11 comments

So I’m writing a lot about trophies today, but in the process of writing my recent article about how PSN’s trophy system needs work, I discovered something on the worldwide trophy leaderboards that wasn’t there yesterday, two PSN users (BIELERIC and Pockidrive) have hit level 100, and they are both at 1% in that level with one person having several hundred more “trophy points” then the other person also at level 100.

It appears that they are locked in at this level now and cannot move past 100 no matter how many more trophies they get, this is very interesting to me as I have always wondered if there was a cap.

There was a trophy level cap at one point, which was level 50,  and Sony pushed that cap up as players reached it, if that is true, will Sony push the cap up again, or let it stop there? To me, 100 is a good number to make it the highest possible level so it will be interesting to see if Sony actually increases the cap this time around.

To put it into perspective, it took these players over 20,000 bronze trophies, over 7,000 silver, about 2,400 gold, and over 450+ platinum trophies to get here. A whopping 30,000+ total trophies.

BlindMango

I am a visually impaired tropical fruit with firm yellowish-red skin and a juicy pulp.

Comments
  1. Hellingen

1 / 20 / 2013 10:38 pm

Pockidrive is cheater. You can filter the leaderboards with/without cheaters. If you look at his list, you can find that for some of his games – it took him 43 YEARS for platinum/100%.

• 1 / 20 / 2013 10:45 pm

Oh yeah, I have no doubt that he is a terrible cheater, however I linked the “dirty” leaderboards just to show both of the people that are capped at level 100 today

2. Boy George

1 / 21 / 2013 2:18 am

Wow, no life cheaters are getting a mention on the internet. Truly a sad place the PlayStation has become.

• VR-4nic

1 / 21 / 2013 2:41 am

Like there aren’t cheaters on Microsofts console or Nintendos! Lol! Back in November 2009 Microsoft banned up to 1 MILLION mod cheaters, completely stopping their consoles from EVER getting back on Live. It makes no difference what the competition is there will always be people trying to cheat in some kind of way.

• Matt

1 / 21 / 2013 2:52 am

Uhhh, Lance Armstrong has been getting a mention for years, so what’s the difference?

• 1 / 21 / 2013 12:33 pm

Yeah, I hate mentioning the cheaters but I wrote this because I was more interested that there is a level cap and that level is 100. It’s unfortunate that cheaters got there first, but hopefully Sony cracks down on that soon, at least websites like PSNProfiles are spotting them in the meantime.

3. VCOFTHENFE

1 / 21 / 2013 7:42 am

Time to dust off my Sega Master System…………………

4. cusman

1 / 21 / 2013 8:50 am

There isn’t enough gaming time in my life to get that many trophies. Also I don’t think there are that many games worth playing for my taste to get that many trophies.

Also, I play on PC, iPhone, Kindle Fire, Xbox 360, DS/3DS, and Wii/Wii U as well so really my PSN playtime goes only to the best games available on there.

5. Game-Critic

1 / 29 / 2013 1:36 pm

Lol there you go cap them so they can’t cheat anymore. No they can go do something with their pathetic lives.

6. 3 / 22 / 2013 8:10 am

Most of all the high level players that are 60+ are cheaters unless they are rich. All the real PSN gamers deserve the credit, we spend over half days on the consoles while getting calluses on our palms. Where is our recognition? F*** these hackers.

7. melodicmizery

7 / 24 / 2013 1:22 am

this really urks me that people are cheating like this. there was a program before called xploder that allows you to exchange game saves but ps3 caught on to this and made saves lock by username. now people can jailbreak the saves and edit the names for it and use it. i had the xploder program because my ps3 crashed and i lost all my re5 progress and wanted to get it back but it didnt work because of the name lock

i work really hard for my trophys and i know to alot of people its stupid but i love video gaming its something i enjoy lots so i do it for myself. its a challenge to me to plat a game or try out as many games as i can. i have currently over 250 games, 51 platinums and 4 thousand trophies and i put in mad hours for this.