PlayStation3 homebrew seems to be picking up some tempo. A Japanese coder recently released a NES emulator for the console using BD-J. Aside from being an emulator, the program also acts as a filer that displays certain kinds of images (PNG, GIF, JPG).
– AsPer: QJ.net
Check out SAND-MAN’s Tutorial on how to get it up and running:
- Extract the the AVCHD folder in the compressed file to the main root of a USB device or memory stick
- Place the roms you would like to play into the AVCHD you have just extracted to the root
- Go to the Video section in the XMB on your PS3
- You will need to click the USB or memory stick you have chosen
- Select the BD-J homebrew game
- Next, you will be brought to a file viewer in which, you may choose roms.
- Now the game will start. Press the triangle button then go to the numeric pad
- The 1 on the pad stands for select and the 2 acts as start
- You may now press triangle and enjoy the game
Check out PS3SUPPORT.net for the AVCHD Folder Download.
– Special Thanks to N4G and QJ.net