We are back after our Christmas break, and we have a lot to cover in this podcast. DLB and SilverK9 went to CES (the Consumer Electronic Show) a few days ago and saw a whole lot of cool stuff. DLB talks about all of the crazy technology he saw, 4K Televisions, curved screens, Sony’s awesome projector, and a lot more. There’s also a lot of talk about pizza… So um, yeah! Enjoy the show everybody!
Hello, we’re back! In this episode of the official DLB-Network Gaming Podcast, it’s complaining time, Sony and Microsoft, where’s our MP3 support? Why is the Microsoft party system so bad? When do the updates come? Ah, it’s the sweet smell of a new console launch, along with that we talk news and a bunch of other stuff, enjoy the show! Additionally, we’re sorry that we did not post the past two episodes onto the website in past weeks – we’ve been extremely busy! The podcasts did show up in the iTunes feed but if you only go to the website to listen, here’s some links to episode 202 and episode 203. Enjoy and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from everyone at the DLB-Network!!
Does that artwork look familiar? To veteran listeners it should! Remember when the podcast art wasn’t a new image for each episode and was gray with four little podcast dudes? Well here they are again! Remember “take your deletion like a man”? What about the My Little Pony references? Or what about the first time snake was ever compared to sucking balls? Well episode 201 is the show where the original four podcasters reflect on all that, you certainly shouldn’t miss out on this one! Also, this is BlindMango, even though SilverK9 makes the yearly album artwork that for the podcast that shows up on iTunes, I’m the one who updates the featured header every week for each episode! Glad to hear you guys like that, and get your credits right DLB! Haha, enjoy the show guys, it’s a good one!
In this episode of the Official DLB-Network Gaming Podcast, the recent 18 years of PlayStation ad gets the crew to discuss just how old they are, they start talking about the NES, the Sega Genesis, the first Mario game, man these guys are old as hell! Anyway, once they’re done talking about how everything was better back in their day, they also talk about the Dualshock 4, timed exclusive DLC vs. timed exclusive games, and much more, enjoy!
DLB, SilverK9, and Snake-oo spend their last time ever in the PlayStation 3 chat room and talk about their memories in the early days of PS3 in that very chat room when there weren’t very many games to play. I’m sure all of us have had some awesome memories in that white-walled chat room (including myself!) and it kinda sucks to see it go but I’m sure we shall not forget it! See you guys on PS4!
Activision has just released the new gameplay launch trailer for Call of Duty: Ghosts, it’s no doubt a good trailer, with the clips and the music, would it be enough to get people who didn’t want to buy the game to buy it? Probably not, haha
Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios for SCE, explained in detail some more features of the upcoming PlayStation App that’s coming to phones very soon, it’s nice to finally see PlayStation getting a useful application, here are the features:
- It’s an application that anyone can download for free on iOS and Android devices
- There are a variety of things you can do with it. You can connect to your PlayStation profile and send messages — even voice messages — to friends between your smartphone and PS4.
- A friend on PS4 can also send out an invitation for a multiplayer game, which you can then check on the App, and you can also purchase PS4 games from PlayStation Store. Your game will immediately start downloading while you’re away.
- PlayStation App will also offer ‘second screen’ gameplay features on enabled titles. For example, during the TGS presentation Yoshida showed how the app interacts with The Playroom — he drew a picture of Knack on his smartphone’s touch screen, and then pushed it into the PS4 game on his TV, allowing the game’s bot characters to play with the item he’d created.
- There are many big publishers creating their own apps for their games, like Watch Dogs or Battlefield, but smaller developers can use PlayStation App to connect to PS4 and load an application, like drawing software for example, so that you don’t have to download and install a specific app on your smartphone. It’s open to all PS4 developers to use.
On this episode of the podcast, we have a special guest, HojjoshMC! As most of you know, DLB was one of the five people that won the PlayStation Blogger contest and so did HojjoshMC, so of course we invited him on! We talk about a lot of things on this show, Grand Theft Auto V, We talk a lot about SteamOS and the entire Steam platform, the future of gaming as a whole, and Gaikai possibly coming to PC’s, tablets, TV’s, and smartphones.
On this episode, we talk about some of the news over the past week like the stuff unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show and we also talk about iOS 7 among other things in uncut. Also, of course, we talk about Grand Theft Auto V, and man that game is a ton of fun. That and more in this weeks episode, enjoy the show!
Featuring: DLB, Snake-oo, DaTriggerman, Damain361tx, Hoodnerd, and A Big Shot
Some of the guys here at the DLB-Network have been good fans of the PlayStation Blogcast ever since its creation nearly two years ago and during DLB’s visit to PAX he was able to actually be on the Official PlayStation Blogcast, which is Sony’s official PlayStation podcast in North America (and basically for the whole PlayStation Nation at the moment unless they decide to make the podcasts regional). Anyway give it a listen and hear the part where DLB gets to speak for about 15 minutes starting at the 1:27:00 mark. Enjoy! The Official PlayStation Blogcast episode can be listened to by clicking here which will send you to the Official PlayStation Blog.