Today is a great update for North America featuring the Killzone 2 Flash and Thunder DLC, the Call of Duty: World at War map pack 2 and the Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island DLC, and of course much, much more.Details after the bump.
With that note, remember that the new Killzone 2 Flash and Thunder DLC is coming out today in the PlayStation Store… which deals with many explosions.
In Today’s Update: The New Music video app, Vidzone is now Available to Download as well as upgrades to all your favorite games. World At War and Killzone 2 fans have a map pack each to download and Burnout Paradise fans can expand the game world with the new Big Surf Island pack. Full List After The break.
The Visari Throne Room apartment for PlayStation Home, Based on the throne room inside Visari’s Palace from the final mission of Killzone 2, it combines the majestic proportions of Helghast architecture with the regal aesthetic of the Autarch himself. Tastefully lit by a hellish, alien sunset, it is guaranteed to impress and humble anyone you invite over for a chat.
- DLC – Enables support for downloadable content pack #2 “Flash & Thunder”, released on June 11th on the Playstation®Store
- Network errors – Improved handling of large message groupings to decrease network errors on heavy loads. Should decrease some instances of network errors
- Stability – Fix for potential Quick-join stability issues when DLC pack “Steel & Titanium” is not installed
- Stability – Removal of DLC could result in stability issues when using game pre-sets
- Stability – Crash fix for potential Search & Retrieve issue
Guerrilla Games Has just given out info on the The Killzone 2 patch that we discussed yesterday, which will add a party system, Skirmish Mode tweaks and a new “High Precision” control system, this is what they said ” Just got official confirmation – the patch has been delayed and will not be released this week ”
There’s no word on when it’ll be out, but it won’t be this week. In another tweet Guerrilla Games says that it doesn’t have an exact date, but it “shouldn’t be much longer.”
Today in Europe you guys are getting the release of that Inferno Pool game along with many new LitttleBigPlanet costumes.
The new patch for Killzone 2 will be live tomorrow and some useful features included will be:
- Friend Finder (added functionality to make the process of finding and playing with friends much easier)
- Skirmish mode tweaks (to help users with low bandwidth connections)
- High Precision controller configuration
- Balance improvements
- Spawn Point changes
- Badge Changes
Be sure to check out the inFAMOUS demo in this update and LittleBigPlanet has also come out with a lot of good content this week.
It’s amazing how fast Guerrilla Games dishes their map packs out so fast! The second one is almost done and will make it’s way to the PlayStation Store on June 11th. The Flash and Thunder map pack will feature two remade Killzone 1 levels for online multiplayer. They will have a level called Beach Head where the ISA have to stop the Helghast from invading the coastal stronghold and in the other map, Southern Hills, it will be the ISA’s turn to invade the Helghan compound. No price has been confirmed as of now.