Why All My Next-Gen Games Will Be Digital | DLBTV

In this episode of DLBTV, DLB talks about why he is deciding to go digital for next-gen gaming and what he thinks the benefits of doing that is. What are you guys choosing to do? Digital or Physical? Drop a comment below! Also, remember to subscribe to DLBTV!

Comments
  1. DLBnumber1fan

11 / 10 / 2013 1:59 am

You’re so cool DLB. Man I wish I had to swag.

2. WARRIC

11 / 10 / 2013 11:15 am

I can understand your thinking DLB and its more conveniant to download the games rather than buying a disc based game, but you will have to upgrade your hardrive and as Digital downloads are great untill they make them cheaper than disc based games they wont catch on as much as a disc based games. if i buy a disc based game for about $60, £40.00 i want a digital version to be half that cost, because you dont get a disc based game etc.

3. Massacred

11 / 11 / 2013 2:05 am

Collectors Editions?

Christmas Gifts?

Birthday Gifts?

Lending games to friends?

Can continue to use them immediately even if a console dies?

Shelf for games?

Trades?

Manuel’s?

I much prefer the physical copies of media to their digital counter parts.

4. Game-Critic

11 / 12 / 2013 7:29 am

Negro are you outta your mind?! I haven’t watched your video yet to hear this crazy ass logic on why you’re making this crazy ass choice but I just had to post this to let everyone know my general reaction to that headline. I’ll be back with my final thoughts after I watch your video and figure out what the hell you’re smoking.

5. Game-Critic

11 / 12 / 2013 8:15 am

Ok I just finished watching the video and I have to say you made some slightly good reasons but I still have to say this….negro are you out of your mind!?

1st Lets talk about you DLB. You seem to be the always connected online type so I get how all digital works for you. I think the whole I gotta get up and find the disc and insert it to accept a game invite seems hella lazy on your part though. I know my gaming library is never that far enough from my system where it would take more than 15 sec to find the case,open it,take out disc,insert disc in PS4,and accept invite. But to each his own I guess.

2nd, I believe in owning a physical product like others because it gives (us) the consumer a feeling of ownership. Yea we don’t own the actual content on the disc as its all just a key license to use as its attended to be used. But having that physical copy just gives the consumer more power to me and that’s why I can never go all out digital “EVER”. I can’t ever fully put my faith into knowing I will always have access to re-download and play all those digital games years from now. Please look at Games for windows recently as my prime example if you don’t share my feelings.

3rd, and this is just my preference and I guess many feel the same way. I love to have a physical library collection of my games. Going to Wal-mart,Target,Gamestop,etc and buying that physical copy helps people keep their jobs which in turn does good for the economy of the country. You being an employee at bestbuy at one time must know the importance of that right? If people are buying from Amazon and itunes and not going into brick and mortar stores like bestbuy what happens to your job when the store ain’t making money?

4th, I don’t know what kind of discount you got going on with Sony and M$ but the last time I checked digital and physical copies are going to cost the same. I be damned if I’m going to fork over $60 for a game that is the same price of a physical copy I can hold in my hand. Now if there was a difference in price like $30-$40 for digital and $50-$-60 for physical I might be riding alongside you in the water with my own boat. But I’d never ride with you in the same boat because I will never be ok with only digital.

At the end of the day I respect your decision because it seems right for you and your life style though. I think C-Lewis should put up a poll asking site members how they feel cause you know people ain’t going to take time to respond to this article. I still wanna know what the hell you been smoking though :-P All digital!!!??? Good GOD almighty! :-D More power to you though bro.