The Playstation App will become available a few days before release, the app is available on these selected platforms, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android based smartphones and tablets. The free application will be released on November 12th in America and November 22nd in Europe, but i’m pretty sure if you have an android phone you will be able to find an apk before the 22nd, we may even post it for you so keep an eye out on November 12th.
To view the full feature list of the new Playstation App click the ‘Read More’ button below if you are on the homepage of DLB-Network.com.
Directly Access Various PSN Features and Information
- You can access your profile screen.
- You can access/compare their own and friends’ Trophy accomplishments.
- Exchange messages between PS4 systems, PS3 systems, PS Vita systems, and mobile devices installed with PlayStation App.
- Access and filter friend profiles.
- Notify users about their friends’ shared activities on “What’s New”.
- Notify PS4 users when they receive any new notifications or game invitations. Users can also display their lists of game items.
Browse the PlayStation Website and Access Info
- You can access the PlayStation official website to browse through news, blogs and game information. The language and content depends on your country.
PS4 Second Screen Feature
- The PlayStation App can be used with PS4 games that support second screen functions.
- For example on The PlayRoom, a title pre-installed on all PS4s (requires PlayStation Camera), you can draw pictures on your mobile device screens and flick them towards the TV. The images then appear as a 3D object within the game.
Spectate Other PS4 Users’ Gameplay
- When your friends upload or begin live streaming their gameplay on PS4 systems, the friends’ activities are displayed on “What’s New” of the PlayStation App screen. When you tap on this notification, you can boot pre-installed applications, such as browsers, to spectate the uploaded gameplay. Users can also post comments on gameplay screenshots, footage and live streams.
Purchase Game Content on PlayStation Store
- You can purchase game content while away from home and download it directly onto their PS4, PS3, and PS Vita (PS+required for PS Vita) systems.
Use a Mobile Device as a Simple Remote to Control the PS4 System
- Once installed, you can use your PlayStation App to control the PS4 as long as both devices have access to the same Wi-Fi access point. For example, you can switch your PS4 system to standby mode, startup your PS4 system from standby mode, and use your mobile phone as a keyboard for their PS4 system.