The DLB-Network Gaming Podcast – Episode 173

In this episode, we talk a lot about the recent GDC announcements that occurred this week – which includes Battlefield 4! (insert epic Battlefield soundtrack here), we also talk about more PS4, Steam early access to games, and a lot more this week, enjoy!

Featuring: DLB, Hoodnerd, A Big Shot, Mikedemo1, US_ARMY

Download: Podomatic or iTunes

Divider1

Questions-and-Comments

If you have a question or a comment for the hosts of the podcast, you can submit them to Mikedemo’s twitter page on Thursday afternoons for North America or early Friday mornings for Europe while the podcast is being recorded. The crew will usually say when the podcast is being recorded so you’ll know too. Alternatively, if you look right there on the right side of the website, you’ll see the “Podcast Voicemail” button where you can leave us comments and questions using your own voice and we will play them back on the podcast and answer them! Either way you choose to submit, they will both be considered to be answered on the podcast.

BlindMango

I am a visually impaired tropical fruit with firm yellowish-red skin and a juicy pulp.

Comments
  1. punjabi_hitman

3 / 29 / 2013 7:16 pm

The whole idea with releasinv the alpha version for sale has been done before. Minecraft on pc did when it virst released it was for $5. Basically to start playing the game and help with the testing process. As the game was updated it increased in price till it was finally released for $25. But the people who paid $5 for were getting all the updates for free. So in the end they endec up paying $5 for a $25 game.

Right now the current game following this process is ARMA 3 on Steam. It is going for 33.99 for the pre—alpha to help with the testing. So for the fans of the series who bought into the alpha have already bought a $60 game for $33.99. Sure its unfinished but hey wait till its finished to play it then atleast you got the game for cheap. Kind of like a cheap pre—order except you can play it early if you want.

• punjabi_hitman

3 / 30 / 2013 1:50 am

Typing comments with a phone not a good combination.

2. 3 / 29 / 2013 8:52 pm

my question dlb is on the the ps4 do u think it will have a security code on it jus like a cell phone or the vita so no one can sign in as u and b all on ur personal stuff like facebook twitter or anything else as with the xbox 360 and the ps3 you can save user email and password to sign n . i mean with all the social features i would b scared if like i go on vacation and sumone stole my system from a hotel would they b albe to b all on my personal stuff as fb twitter and what ever else and change my passwords so i cant get in look in to that if u can dlb

• 3 / 30 / 2013 9:56 am

I have always wanted this on PS3, a security code or password per system account – my main reasoning was for families, so the sister doesn’t go on the brother’s account and trash his data and stuff, your reason is a really good one I never thought of either. I let DLB and others know about your question, hopefully they’ll talk about it on the next podcast! I can’t make any promises though!

@punjabi_hitman

Blumatt showed us your comment a few hours ago and yeah! You have a point there, I did this exact thing for Minecraft (pay $5) … I wonder if it will actually be the same thing for PS4 games, or if it will just act as a beta… hmmm

3. PrinceCloud