Over Promising

Over Promising

Let me take you down memory lane for a short moment if I can. I clearly remember watching both of the E3 press conferences for the announcement of the PS3 and the Xbox 360. And I very much remember being blown away both times. Now if you have been a gamer for as long as I have, you know that the PS3 released after Microsoft’s console. So, while a lot of gamers went out and picked up a 360 and began enjoying the current generation of gaming features, most PlayStation fans had to wait a bit longer but assumed the wait would pay off. In a few ways it did, and in more ways, it didn’t. However, I truly feel that based on what was promised from Sony in all of the events leading up to the PS3’s launch is what had gamer’s mostly upset. So what does all of this mean? Well with the next consoles from Sony and Microsoft said to be announced this year at E3 2013,  both companies might want to look at what went wrong for them the last time around. In Sony’s case, they might want to show more and speak less – in terms of features at launch and even down the line. When a company can not pull off what they said they would it can be looked at as LYING, but we know that’s not what it really is…. is it?

Just a thought

DaTriggerMan

I am a huge tech-head that is here to bring you guys the latest and greatest! Hope you enjoy!

View all posts by DaTriggerMan

Comments
  1. Game-Critic

1 / 5 / 2013 8:30 pm

What the hell did you just type this thing up :D ….let me read this real quick be back in a min….

Ok so I read that but you still haven’t pointed out specific things that personally disappointed you Trigg. You mad because SONY told you the PS3 was suppose to have two HDMI ports and they took it out? Get over it! The consoles we saw when first revealed were always subject to change and was not the final specs. All companies do this. Yea sure it would have been great to use two HDMI ports for GT5 super wide double screen feature but…..oh wait that feature is still possible with 1 HDMI port so lets smashed that right there!

What else did they promise lets see. Custom soundtracks during every game….well its damn sure possible as we can see GT5 has it, Wipe Out HD has it, and so does many other games. Yea it sucks SONY went about the wrong way putting memory into the PS3 but its possible and devs are the ones to blame because they refuse to use the PS3 architect the righ way to maximize memory use for a feature like custom soundtracks. Im just as pissed that I can’t play my own music in GTA4 etc but I’m grateful I can at least enjoy it in other games that are 3rd party as well like Tekken 6 and Burnout paradise (games by 3rd party devs that use the PS3 memory right). PS4 will make up for it Vita is the proof.

I have my Gamestop 2005 E3 DVDs so I’ll go back and watch what else SONY let you down with. I hope you have enough sense to know the difference between hype for good publicity and reality. While fucking awesome as hell please don’t tell me you saw that KZ2 demo and believed thats what you were going to be playing. I think the only thing credible from that E3 show that we knew was going to be real was the Unreal tournament 3 real time demo that was paused and they moved the camera around in real time proving what you saw was what you get.

But like i said list your disappointments. I bet I can shoot every last one down with real reasoning and logic. My PS3 was worth $600 and to this day can still do a hell of a lot more than a 360 can gaming wise and none. as long as Sony has done 1 example of something that was expected or came damn close to trying I can’t knock them for that. The PS3 has done 1080P 60FPS with WipeOut HD. PSN has already proven its can handle 20vs20 and even 256 players at one time online with no lag. And they’ve proven that their exclusives can’t be touch on quality by any other developer out there with games like Uncharted 2/3 God of war 3 GT5 Heavy Rain WipeOut HD MLB Infamous.

I’m failing to see where this company has let you down gaming wise?

2. Game-Critic

1 / 5 / 2013 8:48 pm

” When a company can not pull off what they said they would it can be looked at as LYING, but we know that’s not what it really is…. is it?”

??? can someone clear this up for me? I have no idea what he’s talking about because he did not give 1 example to his accusation. The hardware is clearly capable of it but like I said its up to devs to utilize the tools for the system. Big shot out to Naughty Dog for showing the industry how big of a difference a PlayStation exclusive is next to a XBOX one. Thank you for 3rd party devs like Criterion who put in the extra effort to add features like custom soundtracks when other devs were to lazy to program it in. Thank you Insomniac for the smooth 60FPS Ratchet games on the PS3 and the lagless huge multiplayer 20 vs 20 resistance games on a new inferior gaming network that has continued to improve while still being free.

The PS3 ain’t perfect but its sure as hell the best overall gaming console this gen hands down and I’m proud how SONY stumbled out the gate got kicked and spit on by the media and now to this day has the best games,most used netflix device,and PS+ shits on anything the competition has. Why you disappointed again?

• DaTriggerMan

1 / 6 / 2013 1:40 pm

Game-Critic You made some very good points. In future post I will be explaining in more detail and using examples of my opinions. But you got to remember man they are just that (my opinions) but again I got you.

3. Machee

1 / 5 / 2013 11:04 pm

Honestly PS3 just sucks, poor ports, psn is horrendous, and exclusive games are just meh.

1) Heavy Rain? the quick time event game lol
    2) God of War? yes milk the shit out of it
    3) Uncharted? cinematic on rail game oh pls give me a real game!
    4) MAG? a low end battlefield copy piece of shit!
    5) GT5?? what the fuck happen! it released after 10 years or more development and on cared about it cause Forza dominated

• DaTriggerMan

1 / 6 / 2013 1:45 pm

Heavy Rain- a little to slow for me (Great Game)
      God of War- Proven (Great Game)
      Uncharted- Proven (Great Game)
      MAG- not so much… (D+ game….)
      GT5- Best driving Sim Ever (Great Game)

• rico_fiasco

1 / 6 / 2013 2:38 pm

lol. your a pretty funny guy.

• 1 / 8 / 2013 12:08 am

lol Machee is back… =P

4. theone

1 / 14 / 2013 12:51 am

that fool machee is STILL on here lol