Sunday’s This or That – “Old-School or New-School”

21. August, 2010 Mac, PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360 9 comments

So this week’s poll simply asks, what do you enjoy doing the most, do you rather playing single-player stories on video games or would you rather play some multiplayer matches online with your friends. Think about this one a little bit because even though you may play online a lot, you may still enjoy those single-player experiences that you’ve come to know and love a little more than multiplayer or the opposite, your choice. So, a good single-player story, or multiplayer game matches? Share in the comments section why you prefer what you chose.

BlindMango

I am a visually impaired tropical fruit with firm yellowish-red skin and a juicy pulp.

Comments
  1. Daemlord

8 / 22 / 2010 12:59 am

If I have to pay 10-20€ a month to play a certain game online, I’d rather buy an new game. It depends what kind of games you want to play most. If you like hack n’ slash. Well online competitive will unlikely to be enjoyable. If you like shooters, mmo and rts. It’s online components will extend it’s lifespan. I’m 30 yrs. old, so I’m from an older generation of gaming. So I’ll go with single-player.

2. 8 / 22 / 2010 5:30 am

I suppose this poll depends on certain games as a whole instead of just multi or single. For instance, games that have multiplayer now seem to focus more on that rather than the single player which suffers due to this ie. MW2. However games without multiplayer ie. Heavy Rain/Mass Effect/Bioshock have a better singleplayer experience because all the time is focused on the story which makes games like this more memorable than “That time you got a 20 kill streak”

3. Sik kid Pk

8 / 22 / 2010 9:31 am

Single player good story everyday of the week. Some of my most memorable moments in gaming came from games with good stories. Multiplayer games can be dope but they burn out to quick. After you done with it, it’s on to the next one. A good story can stick with you though.

4. Rocc-Monsta

8 / 22 / 2010 7:19 pm

Multiplayer all the way!!! I love playing my GoW3 and Uncharted 2 but CoD, Madden, NBA2k and racing games keep me coming back all year long. If I have friends and family over how can we have fun with one person playing at a time? Why do you think the Wii is so popular? MULTIPLAYER even Mario Bro’s has always been multiplayer only two players but still multiplayer since day one.

5. 8 / 22 / 2010 7:45 pm

Man, lol, when’s the new podcast dropping?? I seriously miss the old days when we got one every week, either Friday or Saturday. Damn, I miss that! I mean I listen to Digital Gaming Underground (Next Gen Alliance) podcast too and it’s good (and comes out every week), but it’s still not as good as the DLB Network podcast. I want to hear everyone’s thoughts on alot of stuff.

• 8 / 23 / 2010 12:53 pm

well, sadly we can only do two a month now due to bandwidth constrains which I’m as sad as the issue as you guys. Bandwidth costs a lot of money to my surprise too. Anyway, I don’t really know when to expect the next one, they recorded one a month back and about two weeks ago I asked DLB when that podcast will be up, he said next month, as in September 1st I guess, I asked him many times since the beginning of the year till now if the bandwidth resets at the beginning of the month or in the middle of the month and I still haven’t gotten a clear answer for that, so I don’t mean to sound cheap but expect it “soon”… If you haven’t noticed, sometimes things don’t get done as quick on this site as we’d like to, DLB & crew are just very busy recently. I’ll email him about it soon.

• 8 / 23 / 2010 7:02 pm

@ Blingo
      Yeah, man, I completely understand they’re busy and have lives. lol I was just saying that I miss it. I sort of wish he’d just charge like a dollar to download it on iTunes and that way he’d have a way of paying for the bandwidth needed to have it weekly again. I’d pay to listen to it if he ever did that. I’m not sure how that works, or even if it’s possible to make paid podcasts, but I’d be all for it as long as it doesn’t cost more than $2-3 per podcast. No more than that. He should look into that as an option. Then he’d have it for free to stream on Podomatic and we’d have to pay to listen from iTunes. I’m sure I’m gonna get a lot of hate for that idea, but at least then they’d have the funds to do one every week again.

6. luigielwero

8 / 23 / 2010 6:04 pm

@BlindMango: hay you are doing your best the people will have to understand that

7. luigielwero

8 / 23 / 2010 6:17 pm

all i have to say is look way a head when i am 50 like in 30 years from now think how much things will change right now the multiplayer phenomenon is still in full swing sure you might call this a new and grad idea but what you have to look at is that they are both formats like coke and pepsi there is still a place for both of them sometimes it works some times it dose not but when they invent brain cases so you hook up the system to your back of your skull my money will be that single player will still be going strong