Killzone 3: New Controls – “Heavy Sensation Gone”

13. July, 2010 PS3 13 comments

Okay, here is some good news to most of your out there, who thought that Killzone 2′s controls were just to “Heavy.” It seems that the feedback from many people have made Guerrilla Games conform and change the control scheme in Killzone 3. Apparently Killzone 3′s new control scheme pretty much wipes out the existence of the one found on KZ2. It looks like maybe it will feel much like other snappy FPS’s in the market.

I’m confident that when Killzone 3 comes out, we’re going to have a set of controls that will really appreciate the vast majority of audiences,” states studio head Herman Hulst. :The heavy sensation of KZ2 is absolutely gone. Instead, this feels much closer to standard run-and-gun responsiveness.”

So, personally, I feel kind of undecided with the apparent change. I was actually sort of a fan of the “Heavyness” in KZ2. It was something new, that took a skill to perfect, and i got good with it. However, i also do enjoy the “arcadey” snappiness of most FPS’s like Call of Duty, and if that’s what it takes to get this game more of reception from the industry i’m fine with it. KZ2 is one of my favorite FPS, but not everyone had the same feeling, and thats why it didnt catch on with everyone. I hope this new control scheme sticks with people, so that KZ3′s multiplayer becomes a true success this time around.

bball230

DLB-Network Editor.

Comments
  1. Daemlord

7 / 13 / 2010 9:27 am

KZ2 wasn’t a run & gun fps. It felt a bit tactical to me.

• 7 / 13 / 2010 9:35 am

u make a point but thats all people want now adays is run and gun shooters to me those games are getting a little bland :/

2. 7 / 13 / 2010 9:35 am

This should quell everyone’s complaints from KZ2. I can’t wait to play this. I’m probably gonna be getting a Move controller so I’ll be trying the game with that control scheme too. I’m wondering if they’re going to split gamers online based on which controller they’re using (DualShock or Move). I hope they have playlists where they’re split AND a playlist where both can play together. That would make it interesting.

3. XPUNJABIX

7 / 13 / 2010 11:41 am

this will make want to play kz3 more than a week! after i beat kz2 once i didnt even feel like playing online but this will change things for KZ3.

• Anonymous

3 / 3 / 2011 1:21 pm

dude speak english that comment maade no sense…

4. StrategyGamer

7 / 13 / 2010 12:07 pm

Welcome to the generic shooter industry. whoopie! (if you didn’t get it, it was sarcasm)
    Maybe Yahtzee is right.

• Christendom

7 / 13 / 2010 6:16 pm

Well, like I previous stated, after getting use to the controls I was good to go! However, because too many people complained, the developers caved in. I just hope KZ3 doesn’t become another generic shooter. Why? Because it was different.

Well-Loved // Like or Dislike: Thumb up 3 Thumb down 0

5. Danboyadvance

7 / 13 / 2010 1:40 pm

tbh i liked kz2 controls once i got used to them the only thing i didnt like about kz2 was the online rank up system i was done with it in a couple of weeks, although mw2 has bad points i like its rank up system.

6. rico_fiasco

7 / 13 / 2010 2:35 pm

i actually liked the heavy controls.

7. 7 / 13 / 2010 3:20 pm

@Danboyadvance: Yeah if KZ2 had a better rank up system, or something to keep me playing, that would of been my call of duty. I loved that game, but it ended way to fast. I have high hopes for this one.

8. Fezmania

7 / 13 / 2010 5:48 pm

I have to say that the COD series had the best shooter controls. They just feel right and i think that they should be a standard in shooters.

9. Anonymous

10 / 27 / 2010 9:12 am

@Fezmania: Controls and shooting mechanics are both diffrent things. CoD controls I can live with but not that plastic gunplay with no recoil and unbalanced perks. I want to feel the power of a gun. What they made in KZ3 is totally ruining this experiance. If they choose this type of gameplay then sorry but I’d rather play Crysis 2, at least it will have recoil and some realism unlike every other shooter MoH,CoD,BBC2,KZ3……..I didn’t enjoy any FPS since KZ2 came out

10. Console