Official Killzone 3 Images and Details Revealed

There are a few more details released today with the “Official Announcement” of  of Killzone 3 along with some images. James Gallagher from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe wrote on how he was able to experience Killzone 3 in a private cinema with other journalists. He wrote about some features that he saw and he also talked a little about the new environments and experiences with the new story.

James talked about how there will be much more variety in levels this time around instead of just boxed in corridors but just a little bit of everything in the game, new experiences in every level, and much more terrain to explore. He also talked a little bit about the jetpacks and said they are like an exaggerated jump that can be used with forward thrust two times before landing, they will be used in the more large scale levels.

He talked about the story a little about the ISA soldiers being in the middle of multiple Helghast figures fighting for power over Helghan while the ISA are trying to find a way off of Helghan. There will be new weapons, technologies, and enemy types. Feedback will also be greatly considered for online this time around says Gorilla Games. Click on the images below to view them in full size.
No url attribute defined!

BlindMango

I am a visually impaired tropical fruit with firm yellowish-red skin and a juicy pulp.

Comments
  1. 5 / 24 / 2010 10:47 am

O yea can’t wait for e3 to see footage of this beast :) and btw for all iPhone, iPod touch and ipad users the theme for them devices has been updated you can now visit more places on the site :)

2. 5 / 24 / 2010 12:01 pm

This game will be awesome. I’ve heard rumors about it supporting the Move also. If it has 3D and Move support, plus the jetpacks and amazing graphics, it will be great! I never did buy Killzone 2 (though I’m tempted to since it’s just $29.99 now) but I plan on getting this. I just wish my TV did 120hz so I could see the game in its 3D glory. :(

3. Machee

5 / 24 / 2010 1:05 pm

What no new on the controls? does Guerilla have the same mentality on not to admit your mistakes and just be oblivious on how generic this FPS could be. The game is still set in Helghan so im assuming dark lying graphics, gawd this guys should learn from Naughty Dog. Oh yeah jetpacks? what a way of saying we are also oblivious that Halo Reach has jetpacks.

@Blumatt

If this game support 3D and Move, i dont think that will be the selling point of this game. Sony is trying to move forward that quick in technology, 3D is obviously not ready and Move controls on a FPS should somehow improve the pathetic control of this game.

4. Lordifan370

5 / 24 / 2010 5:02 pm

To me it looks like they are trying to raise the bar of gaming, on the PS3 again. I found the controls were perfect in KZ2 as they felt like they were really weighing you down and forcing you to think tactically as barrel temperatures and wind conditions affected accuracy. TBH this stepped away from Modern Warafare and that was a good thing.

Jetpacks have been in older shooters, they’re nothing new. I just hope this time they have more mech levels to accompany the Jetpacks.

Now Machee open your mouth and have some fanboy love. ;)

5. Machee

5 / 24 / 2010 5:51 pm

@Lord

OMG, its the year 2010 now Lordifan you can stop pretending that now and stop saving face for this game. The game this sold that well as expected. Making your shooter too realistic?

wind conditions???…do i need to see the wind direction first before lining down my sight? is that how real it is??? and barrel temperatures? where do you get this experience? was this even advertised from the game written at the back cover? or was it even vidblog on a dev diary episode?

OR ARE YOU FUCKING MAKING THINGS UP AGAIN LIKE EVERY SONY FANBOY ALIVE??!!

• Brown856

5 / 24 / 2010 8:56 pm

@Machee:

If KZ2′s controls bother you that much.
      Just STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND DON’T PLAY IT OR TALK ABOUT IT.
      It’s obivous that you have some type of love-hate relationship with KZ2 because you feel the need to constantly repeat yourself about KZ2.

6. Sly

5 / 24 / 2010 7:55 pm

I’m with Machee on this one. Fans need to cut the realism crap and stop making excuses for gorilla. In K2 you can’t even follow a traget that is running horizantally across your screen becuase the sights are every where. The game makes you feel like a 5 year old carrying a machine gun. When in reality you are suppose to be a special force soldier. Ign has a preview but the fact that they didn’t mention controls makes the future of this game look very bleak. I bought killzone 2 and I still own it. I even beat that last cheap boss battle. The game is beautiful but controls like a bitch.

7. Machee

5 / 24 / 2010 9:58 pm

@Sly

You got that right :) If you check all the gaming site reviews, IGN, GTV, Gametrailers, Gamespot etc, all their negative statement is all about the control of this game. I had like a few friends already who traded the game after a month because they realize its all eye candy. Eye candy games like GodofWar3, Uncharted 2, and Killzone are games really has no replay value. I mean after beating those games, those are just on my shelf stack up with my other game, ive always been thinking if i want the same experience again playing it again when i can play coop with 4 of my friend in Left4Dead, PWN in Halo, PWN again in COD4, play coop in Gears and play multiplayer. See this games has replay value because of MP and coop and i have yet to see a PS3 exclusive with these type of feature for my money’s worth.

Most gamers today just wants to seat down the couch quick, go online in party (crossgame chat style baby), and compete or coop with friends and people online. I don’t wanna go to Home and dance around with my avatar like a lunatic! It just a waste of gaming time!

• 5 / 24 / 2010 10:52 pm

You do realize that Uncharted 2 has co-op and multiplayer? If you think Uncharted 2 is just eye candy, you’re crazy. Killzone 2 also has multiplayer (I’m not sure if coop will be in the new one though.). And God of War III… well, that one is eye candy, but it’s also an awesome game. It’s got some pretty cool puzzles that make you think alot and it’s just plain fun to play. I really don’t understand what turns you off so much about PS3 games, but honestly I don’t care.

8. Sly

5 / 24 / 2010 10:59 pm

You know what’s worse Machee; when all these fanboys start defending the game’s flaws. If you go to the killzone’s forums. For every person that tried to give constructive critisim on the games controls, there were like 20 blind fanboys saying,”if you don’t like the game just don’t play it”. These idiots don’t realize that critisim of a game is actually an asset for the developers and gamers alike. How else is our gaming experiance suppose to improve without the community giving feedback to developers? There is a reason why Call of duty sold more than Killzone2 on the Ps3 at thats becuase the controls work. In Killzone 2 you don’t fight other players, you fight your gun. As for the morons saying people shouldn’t talk shit about a game; fuck you. We have an invested interest in this industry that we helped built. Every year we spend our hard earned cash. So next time you see an average game like Killzone 2 truly becomes triple A (becuase no true triple A game has shitty controls) with more than awesome visuals; you can thank people like me who actually call it like they see it. Although Machee I do think uncharted 2 is awesome.

9. Christendom

5 / 25 / 2010 9:09 am

I have already stated how I feel about Killzone 2 in a previous post so, I won’t go there. I will just restate that Killzone 2 is a good game, however, it is way too dark. Also, it took me a minute to get used to the controls, but once I did, “It was on like Donkey Kong!” To be honest, going from Halo and Modern Warfare’s controls to Killzone 2 controls felt like stepping into mud, but if you are a true FPS gamer it doesn’t matter: you will play the game and become relatively good at it WITHOUT COMPLAINING!

The reasons why some people complain when they switch from one game to another game within the same genre is because (1) They can’t adjust fast enough to the new game style or controls, (2) They lost their home court advantage (familiarity or dominate weapons), (3) They are not as good at this game genre as they thought (A result of loosing their home court advantage), and (4) The game isn’t a good game. If we take out the obvious, the game isn’t good then the only reasons that are left reflect the player him or herself. The truth is, most players of First Person Shooters fall into the first three reasons for complaining. That is why when I play, I learn all the weapons so I won’t be at a disadvantage and give myself a reason to make an excuse. I mean, that is what complainers are really doing…making excuses.

Lastly, I enjoyed Killzone 2, and I hope that KZ3 is just as challenging, but not as dark. However, whether they adjust the controls or not, I will still have fun.

I hope you do, too.

Well-Loved // Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

10. Machee

5 / 25 / 2010 1:35 pm

@Blumatt

I know Uncharted 2 has coop and mp, but is it really that good for it to stand out on its own and be played thousands of hours?? like let say… GearsofWar? The mp in Uncharted was looks like it was just slammed in there just for the heck of adding a mp feature.

Killzone 2, mp could have been great but its just…i dont know…it does not really have that vibe to even be on the level of any awesome mp out there! Its just somehow lacking in many areas, like when did you last time heard people are going crazy for Killzone 2 mp? maybe a week or so and then it was just silence…a great mp has to be the one that is the talk of the town kinda thing by the media and gaming community.

PS3 fanboys are just so blinded on this game, that they brag about it and say its the coolest fps ever…cmon but really they’re only saying that because they just try to live up to the game’s hype! because it was suppose to be their own Halo. The problem is, the nobody care for the first Killzone for Killzone 2 to even be a AAA franchise.

• 5 / 25 / 2010 9:52 pm

That’s the problem man. Not every game’s multiplayer is going to be on the level of Modern Warfare 2 or Halo 3. The amount of people playing a game is not necessarily an indicator of it greatness. Saying Gears’s multiplayer is better because it’s played more is like saying a game is better because it sells more. Sales do not automatically make a game awesome; the same goes for how many people play it.

“Killzone 2, mp could have been great but its just…i dont know…it does not really have that vibe to even be on the level of any awesome mp out there! Its just somehow lacking in many areas, like when did you last time heard people are going crazy for Killzone 2 mp?”
      You’re right you “don’t know.” You can’t even say what it was lacking or what was wrong with it. You just seem to be going with the “it just is” mentality. Please cite something that you don’t like about it specifically.
      In the voice of Goldmember from Austin Powers 3 ,”Well, there is no pleasing you…” You’ll bitch about every PS3 game no matter how good it is.

11. Machee

5 / 25 / 2010 1:44 pm

@Sly

I like Uncharted 2, but after finishing the game. Its like, ok do i play it again because i know whats going to happen…that ledge is going to fall, oh im going to slip in this spot, or the truck is coming behind me… i mean all this moment are too scripted that it felt like you’re in rails for a joyride. I guess if you love to watch a movie twice because it was so darn good then you can play Uncharted 2 again and again.

And honestly, they are so many near death experience sequence in this game that its fucking not believable anymore. If anyone can count Drake’s near death experience then gaming that we know of are not so much about gameplay anymore but you in the car driving on a straight road. I traded Uncharted 2 for Assassins Creed 2, and that game is hell of fun and lots of replay value because how open world it is and ways you can progress through the story

12. Lordifan370

5 / 25 / 2010 3:03 pm

Looks like nothing is stopping you Machee, you’re like a brick wall. Stubborn and resolute. Luckily I’m kinda like thermite, give me a flame and I can bring a lot down, minus titanium.
    What you have to understand is preferences differ from person to person, If we were all like you or if you were all like me, there would be no joy in gaming, there wouldn’t be these kind of hot debates. Just because You dont like these games does not void their success on the platform.
    I still go on Killzone 2 online and find lobbys hosting games that are near enough full (25+ players). The only problem some of these games had was the shite marketing on Sony’s behalf which hindered their sales.
    Call me fanboy or whatever you want, I am a gamer and proud to play any game that I find appealing. This is a good year for games, such variety of topic and genre is good for me, I feel like a kid at Christmas as the magic of gaming has been rekindled in my heart.

Well-Loved // Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

13. Christendom

5 / 25 / 2010 6:02 pm

“This is a good year for games, such variety of topic and genre is good for me, I feel like a kid at Christmas as the magic of gaming has been rekindled in my heart.”
    Lordifan370

I couldn’t have said it better!!!!!!!!!

Bravo….

14. Sly

5 / 25 / 2010 8:35 pm

@ Christendom

You prove my point, Killzone controls is like stepping into mud compared to COD or Halo; they simply are not intuitive. But you are mistaken when you assume that gamers who complain about the controls aren’t good at the game, or aren’t true FPS gamers. I was well above average in K2, but I stopped playing it because shitty controls takes the fun away from the game. Do you think the Halo or COD community is so populated because everybody is godlike in the game? No, its because the gameplay overall is fun. We complain not because the game is difficult, but becuase the game’s control simply ruins the experiance. Most real gamers don’t play for stats or even to win, they play because it is fun. This game is a pretty disaster; just compare all the hype and money that was thrown at it, to its minute community.

• Christendom

5 / 26 / 2010 4:00 pm

Thank you for reading my comment, and I am so sorry if you felt that I was insinuating that you aren’t good at First Person Shooters…Actually, I have no idea how good you are, however, if you are basing your goodness on how well you play against others online or even with a friend at home, then I would encourage you to reevaluate your definition of what being a good player means.

I define a good player as someone who is able to overcome a difficulty in a game by identifying a problem, analyzing what resources they have, and using those resources towards solving the problem that is causing your difficulty. In other words, “A good player is someone who works with what he or she has to overcome adversity.” In both definitions the emphasis is on overcoming a difficulty and using what you have. If you have a rocket launcher or sniper rifle and you just keep blowing people up or sniping people that approach a tower that you are in then, YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PLAYER. Why? Because you do not have a problem to overcome. You’re just standing there picking people off; there is nothing difficult about that. However, if you are the one who is trying to approach the tower and you keep getting blown up or sniped then you’ve got a problem that you need to solve. Although this situation seems hopeless, you can get through it and eventually reach that base. Sure it sucks that you don’t have a sniper rifle or a rocket launcher, but you can’t worry or even worst complain about what you don’t have: YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH WHAT YOU DO HAVE.

Now, I could take this a step further, but you ought to be getting the point. Good players use what they have to subdue adversity. If you have a car, use your car. If you have a bike, use your bike. If all you have is your legs, then use your legs. The point is, whatever you have use it…and don’t complain.

If you want to be a good player don’t measure yourself against other people, measure you against yourself. So, how exactly do you do that? Take Halo 3 and set the difficulty to Legendary and put on the Iron Skull. Then play the whole game without dying. By the way, with the Iron Skull on, every time you die the level starts back over. If you are able to finish the whole game (i.e., complete every level) with this skull activated and not give quit, YOU ARE A GOOD PLAYER at Halo. Will you die, sure? Will the level reset to the beginning, absolutely? But, if you continue playing and do not quit, YOU WILL LEARN PATIENCE. And patience is the secret to becoming good.

Again, thank you for reading this post, and I hope this sheds some light onto my perspective of what a good player is.

15. Brown856

5 / 26 / 2010 10:31 am

@ Sly

You need to read Christendom’s statment again:
    “I have already stated how I feel about Killzone 2 in a previous post so, I won’t go there. I will just restate that Killzone 2 is a good game, however, it is way too dark. Also, it took me a minute to get used to the controls, but once I did, “It was on like Donkey Kong!” To be honest, going from Halo and Modern Warfare’s controls to Killzone 2 controls felt like stepping into mud…..”

Okay, You need to know that not every FPS or game for that matter is the same…(Period).

We all understand COD and Halo are fun to most people but what you fail to realize is that every game can’t mimic what COD and Halo does, because that’s when First person shooter’s are not fun. Look at whats happening with COD now. People are growning very tired of this gameplay
    and it is getting old because of the slew of COD titles that have released in the past years.

Also what you seem to miss is that, The Killzone 2 developers stated in a documentary video (The Making of Killzone 2) that they were trying to give a new experience and flavor to first person shooters with their own gameplay, style, and physics.

I don’t see why you so critical of their game for trying to be DIFFERENT!
    (From my experience I thought making games different is what makes gaming FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!).

• Christendom

5 / 26 / 2010 12:21 pm

Well written!

There is nothing that I can add to your comment so, I will just say, “Thank you for reading my post carefully.”

16. Brown856

5 / 26 / 2010 10:32 am

The proof is in the pudding!!!!!!!!!! LOL