Crysis 2 Will Set a Graphical Benchmark for PS3

“Crytek has claimed that it’s NewYork-based FPS sequel Crysis 2 will bring an unbeatable new visual quality to the PS3″

Okay, so what do we have here. It looks like Crytek is really confident about their graphical job with developing Cyrisis 2 for consoles. Of course on the Playstation 3, we have already seeen some astounding visuals including Killzone 2, Uncharted 2,  Heavy Rain, and God of War 3. Despite what we all have seen and played,  the lead Playstation 3 programmer Michael Glück is confident that Crysis 2 will exceed anything that has gone before.

“With each generation of game titles on PS3, usually every 2 years, the games improve significantly in its quality, mostly showing off in graphics,” Glück told Play Magazine. “I think with Crysis 2 you will see the quality bar being set at a very high level that games will struggle to excel. We’re aiming to set a whole new benchmark with that game for all PS3 games.” ………

So after reading all this, I am stuck here wondering how this is going to work out. Crysis has stated that both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Crysis will look very similar grpahics-wise to each other, with the PC being superior to both. However, we have yet to see an Xbox 360 title look as good as a God of War 3 or Uncharted 2. If Crytek is saying they will be setting a new benchmark for the PS3 does that mean they are going to be having the same level of graphics on the Xbox 360? I can’t wait to check this game out. What are your guys thought?

bball230

DLB-Network Editor.

Comments
  1. Daemlord

4 / 7 / 2010 10:06 am

I’m not so sure about that statement. “Crysis 2 Will Set a Graphical Benchmark for PS3″. We just have to see that game in motion. I want to see a Killzone 2 Graphics with 60fps Framerate Or a GOW3 graphics with fast blinding, zoom-in, zoom-out brutal, mind blowing gameplay. That’s sounds a lot, but that’s what I want to see if they want to set a graphical benchmark for the PS3.

2. 4 / 7 / 2010 10:27 am

I just hope they put in the work to make the PS3 version set itself apart from the 360 version. In regard to graphics, it should be 360<PS3<=PC.

3. Christendom

4 / 7 / 2010 10:41 am

I agree with Daemlord. That is a pretty big claim to make. I hope that they can back that up. I mean, if it were me, I wouldn’t have made such a statement. I would have simply said, “We have been impressed with the current generation of consoles and we hope we can make a game that looks phenomenal on those systems.”

This is what they should have said, that way, they’re not bragging or overstating their game. And when Crysis 2 comes out people would be shocked at how good the graphics are and not disappointed.

On the PC, Crysis did set the benchmark for PC graphics, but on the console MGS4, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3 blew that game out of the water. This doesn’t even take into account games like Final Fantasy X, Shadow of the Colosses, or Halo: Combat Evolved.

Lastly, games on consoles look and sound so good that the PC market for games is dead. They just don’t know it, yet! Kind of like the CD market…you know what I’m saying!

4. Daemlord

4 / 7 / 2010 11:03 am

Graphics play a huge part of the overall quality of the game. If Fallout 3 has Killzone 2 graphics will I should give it a 9.5/10 instead of 8.0. It was the graphics, poor animations and it was also glitchy. I don’t really like FPS’s but I still end up buying KILLZONE 2 because at that point in time it has the best graphics.

Well-Loved // Like or Dislike: Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

5. Daemlord

4 / 7 / 2010 11:04 am

So if Crysis 2 is really that good then I’ll be buying it.

6. MAXVTEC

4 / 7 / 2010 11:32 am

Not if it’s on the xbox as well, I don’t think they will extra work if it’s multy plat FF13. Didn’t do it and the game is wack for that

• Brown856

4 / 7 / 2010 3:27 pm

@MAXVTEC:

That’s the same thing I was going to say.

Remember if I am the game developer of Crysis 2 and im going multiplatform , Why would I make one game look significantly better than the other?
      It’s just not smart.

Business 101 LOL!!!!

7. 4 / 7 / 2010 4:33 pm

@Brown856: Usually, that’s how it is, but the developers of this game sure have put on emphasis lately on how good the PS3 version is going to look. He hasn’t flat out said it’s going to look better than the 360 version, but we can be sure that once it’s released, there will be numerous comparisons between the two.

8. EMZ

4 / 7 / 2010 8:19 pm

As long as the ps3 version does not look like poopoo, meaning- I hope that the ps3 version isn’t the version at the bottom of the pile.

9. Eddie273201

4 / 8 / 2010 9:38 am

In my opinion I don’t think they can scratch the surface with the PS3…no one knows the true power of the console and we know its more powerful than a high priced up-to-date pc rig. The 360 will either have problems or be a noticible downgrade because rumor have it that they are ready to talk about the next console to come.

10. Gabeusmc19

4 / 8 / 2010 9:35 pm

Of course the PS3 will blow the 360 away.

and PC will always no matter what will blow both away.

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME