I found a great article that illustrates how much the media has construed the actual “known” figures for consoles sold in the recent months. I along with many others were shocked to see how the PS3 lost int he NPD numbers for the month of November. This was all the talk on many gaming blogs and sites, supposedly the Xbox 360 was crushing the PS3 in sales. Well what most people forgot, or were failed to of been shown were the overall figures of worldwide sales where the PS3 is actual outselling the 360 by over half a million consoles.
I just found the numbers and break down of things from this article very interesting. I am not a “fanboy” or care about one consoles success over the other, as i own both systems. Yet, i do like to know the true figures of how things are going, and i was thrown off by the NPD figures and media talk of last week. Here are some figures from the article:
- In November in the U.S. The PlayStation 3 sold 710.4K units and the Xbox 360 sold 819.5K a difference of 109.1k Units.
- In the same month of November, in Europe, PS3 outsold Xbox by a margin of about 215,000
- In Japan, in the same period, PS3 outsold Xbox by about 140,000 units.
- In November, in terms of units sold in markets outside Europe, America & Japan, PS3 sold about 740,000 units (as much as it sold in US), while Xbox sold 500,000.
- In the month of November, Sony sold about 500,000 more consoles than Microsoft.
- Sony has closed down the gap between ps3 & Xbox by about 1 million units. That is, 4 month ago xbox360 was roughly 7 million units ahead, while now it’s 6 millions ahead.
What do you all think?