In a recent press release, Sony advises gamers where to spend their $50 instead of on Xbox Live.
Rather than paying a $50 subscription fee that competitors charge for on-line services, PlayStation Network users could put that money towards a variety of content.
* PAIN ($9.99)
* Elefunk ($4.99)
* Guitar Hero Classic Rock Track ($6.25)
* LittleBigPlanet™ Metal Gear Solid® – Level Kit ($5.99)
* Episode of Afro Samurai | Season 1 ($1.99)
* The Dark Knight Movie ($14.99)
* Samurai Sword Rack, Diesel Tiamallo Blue Hooded Top, Ligne Roset Alster Chair for PlayStation Home ($4.47)
* Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix ($14.99)
* Burnout™ Paradise (Full Retail Game) ($19.99)
* The Hoff Character for PAIN ($1.99)
* LittleBigPlanet™ Ryu of Street Fighter® II ($1.99)
* Robot Trooper and Basketball Boots for PlayStation Home ($.98)
* Savage Moon ($9.99)
Sony is definitely having delusions of grandeur here. If someone doesn’t tell them that they’re online service needs a ton of work soon, they may start thinking that PSN is a good service, which most of us that keep it real with ourselves can admit that it isn’t.
It’s actually kinda scary that Sony doesn’t get it.
- A Big Shot