So apparently EGM magazine will have a big Resident Evil 5 feature in their next issue and some fan has managed to get a hold of it and leak it out onto a night where it has begun appearing on certain forums. Thing is, we know that this isn’t just fan ravings as we’ll explain at the end. But first, here’s what we can tell you about the information that allegedly will appear across the five page feature.
- The story will who Chris Redfield really is, what he has been doing for the past ten years and the nature of his relationships with the other characters.
- Chris Redfield helped establish the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA) after the Raccoon City incident in 1998.
- Much of the story will be told as flashbacks.
- The BSAA has branches all over the world, but the executive decisions – like sending Chris to Africa – are made from the USA.
- Sheva Alomar is part of the West African branch of the BSAA
- Weapons are supplied to Chris and Sheva by Kralin, an ex-BSAA member who is attempting to flee the city with the BirdWoman.
- The guy with the megaphone in the trailer is the richest man in the village and so be default their leader. He is funding the construction seen.
- Wesker will appear about 5% into the game.
- Sherry Birkin will appear in substantially more of the game.
- The following characters will not appear in the game: Jill, Barry, Claire, Billy and Leon.
- Chris and Sheva will face many relationship difficulties.
- The game will take 15 hours to finish and will have 8 hours of cut-scenes… hopefully in addition to the 15 hours.
- Capcom want Resident Evil 5 to be the best looking game of 2009 (we can tell you now it won’t be)
- There is a big emphasis on puzzles, many of which a co-op based.
- Co-op drop in and drop-out is confirmed.
- There will be one hour of solo Chris gameplay before you meet Sheva (bags being Chris!)
- No mirages and heat/cold features in the game.
- Flashbacks are not playable (hence 8 hours of cut-scenes, we guess)
- There are 30 weapons in the game, 20 for Chris and 10 for Sheva (seriously, bags being Chris)
- You can use the chainsaw, once you have acquired it from the final fight with Moreso.
Now in addition to all of this we have something we can tell you, but not talk about in detail. Our own Official PlayStation Magazine, a sister publication to gameplayer, will have a feature from the same event in it when it goes on sale on the 8th of October. So we know what is true and what is not from above. It also has a big announcement that EGM (if this is all true of course) seems to have missed. But you’ll have to watch this space for confirmations next week as we’re not about to do the dirty on the Capcom embargo. Sorry guys… we have published this list though. What does that mean?